Tobacco Valley Teachers Federal Credit Union offers a Second Chance Checking Account with a $10.00 per month service charge applied. The account will be monitored for 1 year and will be closed if it is in a negative balance for 30 days or if the account produces more than 3 Non-sufficient Funds (NSF) within the first year. After 1 year, the account will be moved over to our regular Checking Account with no monthly fee.. This account is especially for those who have been denied checking accounts due to past credit histories.
There is no minimum required balance, no per-check charge but you will be required to have direct deposit. It also comes with a free VISA ATM/Check (Debit) card and free checks.
You can become a member of this credit union if you or a family member fall within their field of membership as outlined below:
1) All public and non-public school employees who work in the towns of Enfield, East Windsor, Windsor, Windsor Locks, Suffield and Somers, Connecticut.
2) Enrico Fermi High School students.
3) Enfield High School students.
4) Employees of Community Health Resources.
5) Employees, commissioners and volunteers of the Enfield Fire Department
6) Plus, spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union, persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment, members of their immediate families and organization of such persons.
They are located at 182 South Road, Enfield, CT 06082 and you can call them at 860-253-4780 or 800-749-8305.